Saturday, June 6, 2020

Wonderland222 Undated A5 Planner

I purchased the Wonderland222 Undated Planner just over 3 months ago in late February, 2020.  I bought it to use as my "daily driver," for journaling and writing (not as a planner).  I recently completed the journal (i.e. filled it from cover to cover), and I have some thoughts about the product.  

Basic Info:
  • Price: $27 USD
  • Paper Type: Tomoe River, 52 GSM
  • Format: Grid
  • Pages: 365, numbered
  • Link
Pros:
  • The notebook has plenty of pages for long writing sessions
  • The notebook is fairly priced, especially considering its feature-set when compared to other notebooks in the "premium stationery" segment
  • The notebook uses numbered Tomoe River paper.  I rarely see this combination, even in other premium Tomoe River notebooks
  • The ribbons have held up well over the course of the notebook's use, neither fraying nor discoloring.
  • I've found grid formatting to be a nice in-between for the structure of lined paper and the freedom of blank paper.  In other words, the structure is there if you want it, but you don't have to use it.
  • I like that there is a place to date every page.
  • I appreciate the inclusion of an index, even if I didn't use it much.
  • The notebook has no problem laying flat, even on end pages (e.g. pages 2 and 364).
Cons:
  • Though the notebook has a lot of great features, I didn't use them as much as I expected to (e.g. the index, page numbers, etc)
  • Try as I might, I still prefer lined paper.  Since I used the notebook for writing and journaling instead of planning, the grid was more of a hindrance than a benefit for me
  • The notebook (as of the time of writing) is only available in one size and color.  To be fair, though, the first issue can easily be remedied with a cover.
  • The top of the page has a large "forehead" because of the area carved out for the date.  I often left this part of the page blank, or only used a line for a title.  As a result, I left a fair amount of blank space in the notebook (see picture below).

Conclusion:
The "Wonderland222 Undated A5 Planner" represents a great value for stationery obsessives.  The combination of price, feature set, and availability means it is definitely worth considering for your next planner / bujo.  For my part, I struggled to find issues with this product except on matters of personal taste.  The fact that Wonderland222 is also releasing a B6 notebook with even more color options is just icing on the cake.  Definitely check this one out.

Final Score:
8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Over the Garden Wall #2, by Pat McHale and Jim Campbell

3.5 / 5 From the Publisher The Tale of Fred the Horse! This issue takes place between episodes 4-5 of the Cartoon Network miniseries and tel...